Happy2BeMe.com
No Sugar, No Flour Recipes and more
free recipes that contain no sugar and no flour, natural recipes, abstinent recipes

raw food no sugar no flour raw food no sugar no flour
Buttermilk  

Forums -> No Sugar No Flour Diet Plan -> Buttermilk
Email link to Topic   Start new Topic
Vita-Mix Super 5200
no flour no sugar recipes
Kathleen writes,  March 05, 2012

I made some homemade buttermilk ranch dressing, and I was wondering about using buttermilk as a dairy in place of milk in some recipes (like a dessert gelatin made with buttermilk, sugar free jello, and water, and then only eat the 1/2 cup portion of gelatin equivalent with the buttermilk mixed in).  The back of the carton of buttermilk said that it contains modified food starch which the materials say is a form of sugar.  What are your thoughts?  Can we use buttermilk as a protein like Milk?

Sandee writes,  March 06, 2012

Hi Kathleen,  I have used buttermilk.  Where is the modified food starch on the list of ingredients?  And where is it when you add the other ingredients?  If it's 5th or further, it's fine...and it's fine if the other ingredients push it to 5th place...if not, you may just need another brand that works.

Kathleen writes,  March 06, 2012

You're right.  I didn't even think about checking other brands.  The modified food starch was the third ingredient on the brand I bought so it would have been the sixth ingredient in my jello.

Home |  Recipes |  Forums |  Vitamins |  My Blog |  Shopping |  Terms of Use and Legal Disclaimers |  Contact Me | Make a Donation
Formal Dresses uk cheap Evening Dresses Robe de bal courte Abendkleider Evening Dresses online Formal Dresses sale ctkac sulasa ggpshamli <>