Happy2BeMe.com
No Sugar, No Flour Recipes and more
free recipes that contain no sugar and no flour, natural recipes, abstinent recipes

raw food no sugar no flour raw food no sugar no flour
staying strong during holidays...  

Forums -> No Sugar No Flour Diet Plan -> staying strong during holidays...
Email link to Topic   Start new Topic
Vita-Mix Super 5200
no flour no sugar recipes
mi75 writes,  November 19, 2010

well folks- the big turkey day is among us. i cannot believe that it's late november already. i wanted to address this stress-filled issue for all of us since some of you are new to program and have never dealt with a holiday on-program. i was on-program for Easter and found it easy if I planned ahead.

for thanksgiving, i have planned a typical menu with pretty much all of our usual favorites. turkey, squash, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, and dessert...here's my game plan:

for stuffing/dressing (the debate continues), i first cube up and toast up an entire loaf of Ezekial under the broiler and use that in place of conventional white bread....for my mashed i always use half potato, half cauliflower/parsnip/turnip combo for the nutrients...for my green bean casserole i toss raw sliced shallots in arrowroot and then pan-fry them to top my casserole, and then for my gravy i use corn starch (arrowroot would work for those on CEA-HOW)...our dessert is a crustless pumpkin pie: i mix the filling, then bake and serve it in little cups with optional whipped cream. i also do an apple crisp with splenda, oatmeal, etc.

so you see, a holiday can be had. yes, it's for sure different than what i had two years ago. but i'm doing better and feeling well, and my health is waaaaaaayyyyyy more important than one day...i wish you all well during this holiday season. -m-

Brownie writes,  November 24, 2010

I've been struggling with my dessert for the holidays. What type of small cups do you use? Are they the miniature aluminum pans ( like you use for cooking tarts)? I'm thinking about trying a crustless sweet potato pie.

Lexi writes,  November 30, 2010

wow, I can be clean during the holidays too...

Sandee writes,  November 30, 2010

Yeah!  Isn't it awesome to not gain weight?  Who would have ever thought that that was possible : )

mi75 writes,  December 01, 2010

sorry for the delayed reply...even though we're past the day, brownie, i use these small ramikin type cups that i got right from wal-mart. they are about 12 oz each and ceramic so they can be baked safely. did well over the holiday and had no weight gain. even though i cooked clean and well, i could have watched my portions better. but every day is a learning experience!

Brownie writes,  December 02, 2010

Made it through the holiday...no sweat. Crustless Pumpkin pie was great. My son was a little skeptical at first but he LOVED it!!! I also made a peach pie with splenda and a gluten free, sugar free baking mix. The crust was very crumbling, and different from what we're used too (homemade southern peach cobbler)...but it felt good to have a healthy version and not have to forgo our peach dessert tradition at thanksgiving. So now i call it my peach crumb pie Smile. Luckily i dont have to cook for Christmas i just have to figure out NF/NS options.

Home |  Recipes |  Forums |  Vitamins |  My Blog |  Shopping |  Terms of Use and Legal Disclaimers |  Contact Me | Make a Donation
Formal Dresses uk cheap Evening Dresses Robe de bal courte Abendkleider Evening Dresses online Formal Dresses sale ctkac sulasa ggpshamli <>